Friday, November 6, 2009

The AndreaDesigns Effect

I feel so honored to have been featured on Andrea's blog! She puts so much effort into promoting handmade and always picks really great items to showcase. She is, in a sense, handmade's angel :) (AND on her way to becoming a Master Knitter and an accomplished artisan to boot!)

Having just opened my online studio, this has been my first time being featured, and it's SO exciting! As an artisan, I am always happy to hear what people think about my work. My jewelry pieces are like my babies and I like to know they are loved. It may sound corny, but I do spend a lot of time thinking about how to make them beautiful and interesting. They are all "born" from my mind.

So. Today I got to experience the AndreaDesigns effect. What happens when you are featured on her blog? Wonderful things! I saved my stats right before the feature, and checked them again tonight. Almost 100 new item views! The Velvet Fire necklace in particular seems to have gathered quite a posse, considering the number of clicks.

It is also interesting to see the world map after the feature. Look at all the pretty greens! Kind Internet surfers from these countries have visited my studio. Isn't it wonderful?



Andrea, thank you for offering this opportunity to your fellow artisans, and thank you for investing so much of your time into promoting handmade!

1 comment:

  1. Hi MV,
    Your post is so beautiful. Thank you so much for the comments. It was my pleasure to feature your beautiful Studio. Check my Studio, your avitar is on there, it is clickable directing people to your store. Let me know what do you think. If you have questions, email me.
    Thanks again.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete