Thursday, January 21, 2010

Twitter Karma rocks!

Many thanks to shesbatty for posting her super helpful Best Twitter Tips on her blog! She had also posted them on the old ArtFire forums, but I didn't have the time to experiment then, so here I am now, gushing about one of the tips she has mentioned.

So I have finally gotten around to trying Twitter Karma today, and WOW, so easy to use and so useful! BTW, Twitter Karma is a tool for managing Twitter friends and followers, providing ways of sorting/filtering by activity, reciprocity, etc.

To use, just go to http://dossy.org/twitter/karma, click "Sign in with Twitter", click "Allow", and when redirected back to the application, click "Whack!"

No worries, it won't whack anything until you click the checkboxes on the next page. You can also sort and filter friends and followers with the drop down menus at the top of the page. VERY cool!

Check out the clean look! So easy to scan visually:


I found this tool to be very helpful to get a bird's eye view of my twitter account, so I'm hoping the steps above will help other businesses just starting on the social networking scene. Believe me, I'm still at a point where I find everything so overwhelming! :)

And while I will probably not "whack" for a while, I am sure the day will come when I will need to balance my karma so twitter likes my account (there are people out there who only follow until one follows and then unfollow, but hopefully it won't get too out of balance).

While I am still a beginner at these things, I can try to help as much as I can, so if you have any questions, go ahead and post a comment. And if you have tips you'd like to share, please, please do!

Finally, If you haven't already, do visit Batty's blog for more tips! She's awesome! Thanks Batty!

Update: Well, I had to do it as the difference was starting to impact searches. The easiest way is to click Hide Avatars right before clicking Whack, and then Sort by Ascending and Show Only following on the next page. Ta-daa! Just click the unfollow link under each name that you'd like to unfollow. Balance restored :) Easy peasy.

1 comment: