Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First article!

I have been very busy writing an article on how to make elegant dangle earrings from buttons and it just got published today! I am so ecstatic about this I simply MUST blog... I wish someone had written something like this when I first started working with buttons, but even now most how tos are about how to glue buttons onto stuff to make earrings. I don't want no glue!

Here is the article: How To make dangle earrings from buttons. Tell me what you think!

I still remember when I first looked at buttons with the eyes of a beader. My stash of buttons may not have been as humongous as my bead and yarn stashes, but it was certainly larger than your average button pile. Nowadays it is much larger than your average button pile. What can I say, I'm a packrat, and if I must packrat better be small items!

I remember trying various things to make those buttons work as jewelry. Buttons can be so pretty! A Google search really didn't bring much up, people were using glue to stick those buttons to earrings and necklaces. I like fluid jewelry, so I'm not much of a glue person.

Buttons are meant to be free! Free the buttons! Hence the article about cute little buttons hanging from dainty chains. Cute as a button!

How do you like those cute earrings?

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment